Employer Reporting Form
Use this form to inform us if you know of a certified Living Wage Employer in Alberta who is not paying a living wage.
Please note the following:
- The living wage rates do not reflect benefits and paid time off above the legislated minimum, i.e., an employer can pay a base wage below the living wage rate and still be eligible for certification if the value of the benefits and paid time off they provide pushes them above the living wage rate.
- Employers who are already certified when a new living wage rate is announced have six months to comply with the new living wage rates (note that there is an exception for the 2022 living wage rates announced on November 14, 2022 – employers will have 12 months to comply)
- Trainees/interns working to receive credit toward a post-secondary program are exempt
- Employees on probation are exempt
- Service providers who provide less than 120 hours per year of work are exempt
- Wages paid during sleep shifts or on call are exempt